Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 26, 2016

Boxing Day: Suntan Beach, Badagry, records large turnout of fun seekers


The Suntan Beach in Badagry on Monday recorded a large turnout of fun seekers who trooped out to celebrate the Boxing Day.

A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the beach was filled with visitors from various parts of the country in spite of the hot weather condition.

A fun seeker, Miss Busola Lawal, from Ota in Ogun, said that she took advantage of the holiday to catch fun at the beach due to her busy schedules.

“Due to the nature of my job, I rarely have time for myself, so I usually use holidays like this to relax and catch fun,’’ she said.

Another fun seeker, Mr Ayobami Badejo who came with his family, said he was using the holiday to spend more time with his family.

“I work in Port Harcourt and my family stays in Lagos. So, during times like this, we always go on outings to where we can have fun,’’ Badejo said,

Mr Nuru Mohammed, a seller of roasted meat, popularly known as suya, said he had made sales close to N7,000 and still expecting to earn more before the close of the day.

“I wish everyday can be a public holiday in Nigeria so that I can make this kind of money every time.

“I have made over N7,000 now and I am sure that I will still make more because more people would patronise me.

“The crowd is so much and this means good business for me,’’ he said.

A soft drink seller, Mrs Maupe Adeovi, could not hide her joy over the sales she made.

“Business has been great today and I am so glad about this because things had really been slow for over a week.

“My drinks even finished and I had to quickly rush to the market to get more drinks.

“This kind of thing happens once in a while and I am going to make the best use of it, ’’she said.

The Officer in Charge of Suntan Beach, Mr Stanley Hungbo attributed the large turn out to the safety of the beach and the patriotism of Nigerians.

He said that the beach had not witnessed any mishap for over a year.

“For several years, we have not witnessed any drowning in this beach and this can be attributed to the safety measures we put in place.


“The beach is very safe and this factor has contributed to the large turnout of people because they are assured of their safety, ‘’ Hungbo said.

No comments:

Post a Comment